Monday, April 28, 2008


Ok..what a horrible yesterday. I have just found out that 3 people I know have died.

All unrelated circumstances, it's just one of those unexplanable

life events that sometimes makes certain days worse than others.

So, we're all feeling a little zombified around here,

trying to keep up the spirits & still feel excited about our impending holiday.

It also happens to be my Husband's Birthday today, so some cheer is in order, if only just a little! I have decided to bake some cupcakes to fill the air with sweet, tasty love.

I encourage you to do so too. Life is all but a fleeting moment and as I've said before, everyday should be an occassion to bake cakes.


Plain Cupcake Recipe

( add your special little extras to make them uniquely yours!)

125g butter

1 tsp vanilla essence

3/4 cup caster sugar

2 eggs

1&1/2 cups SR flour

1/2 cup milk


Cream butter, essence and sugar in small bowl

with electric mixer until light and fluffy.

Beat in eggs one at a time, beat until combined.

Stir in half the sifted flour and half the milk,

then stir in remaining flour and milk.

Pour mixture into 12 patty pans (in a 12-hole muffin tray.)

Bake for 15 minutes in a moderate oven 190-200,

or if you want them 'peaked' slightly,

increase to moderately hot (210-220)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger editor said...

oh my pet...

thats terrible.

You know I am only a phone call away if you need to talk.

Love to hubby dearest on this day.

x

Monday, April 28, 2008  
Blogger amy said...

I can just feel it, taste it, smell it.!. filling the air with sweet tasty love~

Off to bake some cakes now!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home