Friday, April 04, 2008


WHY IS OLD STUFF SO AWESOME?

Went down to Chapel Street Bazaar & rifled through all the weird & wonderful items from yesteryear. It has to be one of my fav places in this town of Melburn. It makes me want to by more crud off of Ebay & set up my own stall and charge wealthy fashionistas top dollar for it & make squillions myself...ahhhh..what a dream.

Items that tempted me there today were: Old church prayer stool with padded kneeling platform, boomerang shaped coffee table from the 1950's with indigenous paintwork so obviously painted by middle-class, white, factory worker, italian statue of Our Sacred Lady with her nose chipped off. Alas, I did not make any purchases in this over-priced flea market. Instead I chose to buy a bunch of asparagus, some baby chat potatoes & a bunch of pink Singapore Orchids across the road at the Prahran Market. Food is always a wise investment.




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home